Questions to Ask Yourself Daily
Now HERE'S a CHALLENGE!!!
of John Wesley's Holy Club asked himself these twenty-two questions every
day during his private devotions.
Are YOU up for it ??
- Am I honest in all my acts and words, or do I exaggerate?
- Am I consciously or unconsciously creating the impression that I am
better than I really am? In other words, am I a hypocrite?
- Do I confidently pass on to another what I was told in confidence?
- Can I be trusted?
- Am I a slave to dress, friends, work, or habits?
- Am I self-conscious, self-pitying, or self-justifying?
- Did the Bible live in me today?
- Do I give it time to speak to me every day?
- Am I enjoying prayer?
- When did I last speak to someone else of my faith?
- Do I pray about the money I spend?
- Do I get to bed on time and get up on time?
- Do I disobey God in anything?
- Do I insist upon doing something about which my conscience is
- Am I defeated in any part of my life?
- Am I jealous, impure, critical, irritable, touchy, or distrustful?
- How do I spend my spare time?
- Am I proud?
- Do I thank God that I am not as other people, especially as the
Pharisees who despised the publican?
- Is there anyone whom I fear, dislike, disown, criticize, hold a
resentment toward or disregard? If so, what am I doing about it?
- Do I grumble or complain constantly?
- Is Christ real to me?