10-Step Program For Happiness
there be peace within you. May you trust God that you are exactly where
you are meant to be. "I believe that friends are quiet angels who lift us
to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly."
- Throw out nonessential numbers. This includes age, weight and
height. Let the doctor worry about them. That is why you pay him/her.
- Keep only cheerful friends. The grouches pull you down.
- Keep learning. Learn more about the computer, crafts, gardening,
whatever. Never let the brain idle. "An idle mind is the devil's
workshop," The devil's name is Depression.
- Enjoy the simple things. When the children are young, that is all
that you can afford. When they are in college, that is all that you can
afford. When you are on retirement, that is all that you can afford.
- Laugh often, long and loud. Laugh until you gasp for breath. Laugh
so much that you can be tracked in the store by your distinctive
- The tears happen. Endure, grieve, and move on. The only person who
is with us our entire life, is ourselves. Be alive while you are alive,
don't put out a mailbox on the highway of death and just wait in
residence for your mail.
- Surround yourself with what you love, whether it is family, pets,
keepsakes, music, plants, hobbies, whatever. Your home is your refuge.
- Cherish your health. If it is good, preserve it. If it is unstable,
improve it. If it is beyond what you can improve, get help.
- Don't take guilt trips. Go to the mall, the next county, foreign
country, but not to guilt country.
- Tell the people you love, that you love them, at every opportunity.
AND ALWAYS REMEMBER: Life is not measured by the number of breaths we
take, but by the moments that take our breath away.